Friday, January 6, 2012

I am still here...

I know to the blogging world it may seem like I fell off the face of the earth but I didn't.  I am still alive and kicking... I just haven't been blogging... I cannot believe that it has been seven months since I posted anything to this blog! :( My last entry showcased Emma's "One Week" photos... She is now 10 months old!  I have three amazing sessions with Angel Gray Photography to share but as far as the blogging world is aware, Emma is still a wee newborn.  I know that I can make about a million excuses on why I haven't posted, but the simple fact of the matter is that I have just been a complete slacker. It's not that I haven't thought about blogging because I have.  But it would be one of those fleeting thoughts that come to you while you are driving down the road and you can't blog while driving (I think that would be considered 100x worse than texting while driving) or while I was rocking the baby to sleep in the nursery, again not a good time to jump up and run to the computer to type out a post. I just didn't realize how many "I will do that tomorrow" thoughts had added up to be seven months worth of procrastination...  I was at dinner with a friend earlier this week and she mentioned the possibility of adding some insulation to their attic themselves. Having been through that myself earlier, I shared my story with her and then said, "I think I have a photo on my blog. Let me show you".  Well, that is when the cold hard truth of my slacking and procrastination hit me. I realized at that point that my last post was June 1st!  It was quite embarrassing... Add to all of this that my friend didn't even know that I had a blog because I have treated it like a red-headed stepchild for most of last year and I realized that I had to do better.  And what's really sad is that I enjoy blogging the little stories of my family life.  It is quite therapeutic sometimes... So one of my goals for 2012 is to be a better blogger... 

No comments:

Post a Comment