Emma is one week old at this point and I wanted to capture those precious newborn moments - you know, the wrinkly, still snuggled in a ball baby moments. I originally had Angel Gray scheduled to shoot Emma's newborn session at our house, but since that didn't work out, I got my camera and shot some photos of Emma myself. I'm not a professional photographer (far, far from it) but I think that I did a pretty good job (if I do say so myself). I had chosen a wooden bowl as one of the props for my newborn session with Angel and I can't tell you how excited I was to find one stowed away in a cabinet at my in-laws' house. I tried to remember all of the tips that my dad had given me about photography - aperture, f-stops, etc. - and I loved the natural light that was filtering through the windows in the kitchen so I placed Emma in the bowl and started the shoot. After about an hour of shooting and about 200 photos later (thank goodness for digital "film"), I got some photos that I am quite proud of. I do have to add that it seems to be a lot easier to get a great photo when you have such an adorable subject to photograph. Now I know that I am quite biased, but Emma is that adorable subject. Enjoy some of my favorite photos from the newborn shoot...
My absolute favorite!
Pure Sweetness!
I had these "feet" printed on a large wrapped canvas and it is hanging in Emma's nursery... Love it!
One of the few "awake" shots I got...
I scheduled an additional newborn session with Angel Gray that we shot when Emma was six weeks old. It will come up in a later post...




Great photos! She is adorable!
ReplyDelete