Tuesday, January 10, 2012

12 Goals in 2012

It's a new year and with that comes "New Year Resolutions"... But I don't like that... I have issues with "resolutions" so I prefer to set new "goals".

res·o·lu·tion
n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.

goal

n.
1. The purpose toward which an endeavor is directed; an objective.

Okay, so there's not a big difference in these two words but to me, a resolution (especially in reference to a New Year) is something that you want to change - lose weight, eat better, save money, etc. While a goal is something that you work toward.  Maybe it's both... Maybe you set a goal and then make resolutions to achieve it... Well, whatever... I am going with my 12 goals in 2012... not resolutions... :)  And here they are...

My 12 Goals in 2012

1. Complete "Project 12" - Take one family photo each month for 12 months.
2. Complete Claire's 1st year scrapbook (I know she's six years old now... don't judge... I do that enough for myself already)
3. Develop better time management skills.
4. Learn Spanish - To be able to participate in conversation.
5. Learn to tie the essential boating knots (Must be able to tie them without assistance)
6. Complete "Project 52" - one post to the blog a week for one year - 52+ posts
7. Take more photos of my children - with the actual camera, not my iPhone. ;)
8. Make time to take a trip to the Keys in our new boat.
9. Have a date night with Brock at least once a month.
10. Teach Emma baby sign language.
11. Go to the gym at least once a week. (I know that sounds a lot like a resolution, but it's a goal.)
12. Learn how to operate my camera more effectively so that I can actually accomplish Goals 1 and 7.

I am actually looking forward to all of these goals and the journey that I will travel in achieving them.  What are your goals for 2012?


1 comment:

  1. Your goals sound very similar to mine! I have been wanting to work on several scrapbook projects and I hope I can actually get to it in 2012! I wish you all the best in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete