Today was one of those days that felt very productive in respect to tackling my ever-growing to do list. After dropping Audrey and Claire off at their schools, Brock and I headed to our new city to take care of some of those moving checklist tasks. First stop - Audrey and Claire's new school. We toured the elementary school and really liked it. It has about half of the student population of Audrey's current school, which is something that we really liked. Brock and I agreed that it had the feel of a private school in regards to the class size and facilities. The school also offers a VPK (voluntary pre-kindergarten) program for Claire next year. But the demand to get into one of the ten slots available is really high. The school secretary said that parents "camp out" in the parking lot the night before to ensure that their child gets a spot in the program. I guess I will be one of those crazy parents because I think the idea of Audrey and Claire going to the same school is great. I think it will also be a nice transition for Claire to attend the same school in which she will enter Kindergarten. Another plus from our tour today was that we discovered a shorter walking path to the school so that will shave about two-tenths of a mile off of our walk each way! :)
Next on the checklist was to open our new P.O. box (Brock uses it for work stuff). The goal was to open a box and with luck get one that wasn't on the very bottom like our current box is. The bottom is not cool when you are 6'4" or even when you are 5'6" and dump out the contents of your handbag every time you bend over to check the box. Well, luck was on our side today - We got a box that's waist high! (Note: Waist height is the highest that the size we needed goes) So, we have checked off two things on our to do list and it is only 10:30. Not bad!
After leaving the post office, we drive by our new house or, as we have come to call it, we stalked our new house. You know, driving by just to look at it. I am sure the neighbors probably think we are crazy or obsessed, or maybe both. Maybe we are, but I like to think of it as just being really excited! LOL!
So after a bit of house stalking, we decide to grab some lunch. We are on our way down A1A and we pass what will be our new Publix. For those of you who don't know this about me, let me tell you - I love my current grocery store! I am in there almost every day. The managers all know me by name and I like that because my store not only has a great selection, I receive great customer service from everyone too. So, I have been apprehensive about moving grocery stores. I know that sounds absurd to many of you, but it is just a fact of my life. :) I made a comment to Brock about how I wondered what the store was like and if it would compare to our current Publix. Brock suggested that we stop in and look around - he knows me all too well! So as we are walking in, I am talking to Brock - "House stalking to grocery store stalking... this could be a sign of a problem... Oh, Hi Mr. Manager, let me introduce myself... I am your new best customer... I'm sure that John P. and the other managers/staff at my current Publix will give me glowing recommendations..." We enter the store and it is love at first sight! The store is bigger and newer and is very organized. While the layout is quite different from my store, I know that I will adapt to the new one very easily. My only complaint is that the store was very cold. But I will keep a sweater in my car... next to my green bags... and all will be good!
So we accomplished three things from our to do list! And yes, checking out the grocery store was on the list, although I expected to do that one by myself. But it was very nice to have the company of my wonderful husband on that task. Not to mention we enjoyed a lovely lunch together... just the two of us... that doesn't happen very often but when it does it's always nice!
Next on the checklist was to open our new P.O. box (Brock uses it for work stuff). The goal was to open a box and with luck get one that wasn't on the very bottom like our current box is. The bottom is not cool when you are 6'4" or even when you are 5'6" and dump out the contents of your handbag every time you bend over to check the box. Well, luck was on our side today - We got a box that's waist high! (Note: Waist height is the highest that the size we needed goes) So, we have checked off two things on our to do list and it is only 10:30. Not bad!
After leaving the post office, we drive by our new house or, as we have come to call it, we stalked our new house. You know, driving by just to look at it. I am sure the neighbors probably think we are crazy or obsessed, or maybe both. Maybe we are, but I like to think of it as just being really excited! LOL!
So after a bit of house stalking, we decide to grab some lunch. We are on our way down A1A and we pass what will be our new Publix. For those of you who don't know this about me, let me tell you - I love my current grocery store! I am in there almost every day. The managers all know me by name and I like that because my store not only has a great selection, I receive great customer service from everyone too. So, I have been apprehensive about moving grocery stores. I know that sounds absurd to many of you, but it is just a fact of my life. :) I made a comment to Brock about how I wondered what the store was like and if it would compare to our current Publix. Brock suggested that we stop in and look around - he knows me all too well! So as we are walking in, I am talking to Brock - "House stalking to grocery store stalking... this could be a sign of a problem... Oh, Hi Mr. Manager, let me introduce myself... I am your new best customer... I'm sure that John P. and the other managers/staff at my current Publix will give me glowing recommendations..." We enter the store and it is love at first sight! The store is bigger and newer and is very organized. While the layout is quite different from my store, I know that I will adapt to the new one very easily. My only complaint is that the store was very cold. But I will keep a sweater in my car... next to my green bags... and all will be good!
So we accomplished three things from our to do list! And yes, checking out the grocery store was on the list, although I expected to do that one by myself. But it was very nice to have the company of my wonderful husband on that task. Not to mention we enjoyed a lovely lunch together... just the two of us... that doesn't happen very often but when it does it's always nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment