Okay... So it's has been a while since you have gotten any new "snip-its" from the Ballard family. Let me catch you up... The main event in our house has been our search for a new house. As many of you know, we have been looking for a beachside house for quite a while. We found a house and made an offer. But after we finally got the negotiations to an acceptable place for both parties, the wife decided she wouldn't sign the contract. That was a pretty big let down. We decided to keep the offer on the table, but also to keep looking. We saw a number of houses. And we found one that we really liked but unfortunately it went under contract...
The next week was full of the sniffles. By the weekend, I did not feel so great. On Saturday, we decided, despite our sniffles and sneezes, to suck it up and continue the house search. We searched the local real estate website and to our surprise the house that we had seen the week before (the one we liked but had gone under contract) was back on the market. I called our agent to make sure that it wasn't an error on the website. Well, it wasn't an error... the house was on the market again after the buyer's financing fell through. The great news was that not only was the house still for sale, the price was lower too! We made an offer that day. It was a good thing that we decided to get out of bed and do the house search thing because our offer was one of two that day. If we had decided not to get out of the house, we would have missed out on this house again.
One thing that I have learned from this whole experience is that Brock and I are not very good at the waiting game. Especially when we knew would have an answer in less than 24 hours. It seemed to be the longest 24 hours... But the next day, we got the call from our agent and our offer was accepted! Now, we are waiting again... for our closing... It has been hard but we are keeping very busy so hopefully March 11th will be here before we know it. The house needs some updating but has really good bones. We are looking forward to making it our own. I plan to keep a record of our renovation adventure. So check back for more details about that...
The next week was full of the sniffles. By the weekend, I did not feel so great. On Saturday, we decided, despite our sniffles and sneezes, to suck it up and continue the house search. We searched the local real estate website and to our surprise the house that we had seen the week before (the one we liked but had gone under contract) was back on the market. I called our agent to make sure that it wasn't an error on the website. Well, it wasn't an error... the house was on the market again after the buyer's financing fell through. The great news was that not only was the house still for sale, the price was lower too! We made an offer that day. It was a good thing that we decided to get out of bed and do the house search thing because our offer was one of two that day. If we had decided not to get out of the house, we would have missed out on this house again.
One thing that I have learned from this whole experience is that Brock and I are not very good at the waiting game. Especially when we knew would have an answer in less than 24 hours. It seemed to be the longest 24 hours... But the next day, we got the call from our agent and our offer was accepted! Now, we are waiting again... for our closing... It has been hard but we are keeping very busy so hopefully March 11th will be here before we know it. The house needs some updating but has really good bones. We are looking forward to making it our own. I plan to keep a record of our renovation adventure. So check back for more details about that...
Good luck! The last thing I heard was that you had landed that first house you were showing us at Christmas. I'm sorry to hear that fell through, but glad you found something you like. Keep us posted! I'm excited for you...I enjoyed building our house and making it our own, which is similar to what you will be doing. Have fun!
ReplyDelete