Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of Fourth Grade

Wow!  4th Grade!!!  It seems like I was just getting Audrey ready for Kindergarten and now she is a big girl in 4th grade.  Fourth grade just seems so big... I know all of the older moms (those of you whose children are in high school or college or even grown with children of their own) are thinking that I am crazy for feeling like my little girl is growing up so fast.  I know one day she will be going to her first prom, graduating high school, moving away to college and all of those things that come with your children growing up, but I am living in the now and right now, my little girl is going to the big 4th grade.  I am very excited and, if I'm being honest, a bit terrified at the same time.  This is just one of the reasons why I listen to the advice of older moms when they tell me to "enjoy every moment".

Anyway, this is about Audrey's first day of fourth grade.  She is very excited about this year.  This will be her first full year at her new school.  She has quite a few friends from last year's class in her class this year, so she was happy to see some familiar faces in her new room.  She is also excited because as a fourth grader she can join chorus.  She is very musically talented and is looking forward to the numerous concerts and events that they host throughout the year.  Below is a photo of Audrey at school.

 Audrey - the Big 4th Grader!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you are feeling, I feel the same way about Cady going to the big 3rd grade and leaving the nice small Primary School we are used to. It's funny, what I can remember of 3rd grade, I am pretty sure Cady is in the same classroom I was in when I was in 3rd grade, just a different teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I taught 2nd, 3rd, and 5th and I think my ideal would have been 4th. Congrats to the big girl!

    ReplyDelete