Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas at Home

After ten fabulous, yet very chilly days visiting our families in Alabama and Georgia where temperatures hovered around the low 50s during the day and the upper 20s/low 30s at night, it was absolutely heavenly to arrive home to sunny Florida and pleasant temperatures in the mid-70s! That is my kind of Christmas weather... Don't get me wrong, having a white Christmas is beautiful, but being able to go outside without five or more layers is even better!

As a child I remember always being the first one to wake up on Christmas morning. Jumping on my younger brothers' beds to wake them and then off to shake my parents' arms while saying, well, more like gleefully screaming, "Santa came! Get up! Santa came!" So my parents, who had probably just gone to bed a few hours earlier, would roll out of bed and get the cameras and proceed to watch us (my brothers and me) with smiles on their sleep-deprived faces as we each opened our presents.

Well, as a parent I now know what it's like to be bright-eyed and all smiles on Christmas morning after a mere two to three hours of sleep. But I love it! I love watching the smiles and pure joy of our daughters' faces as they open their presents and see what Santa brought to them.

Here is a video of Christmas morning at our house...

No comments:

Post a Comment