Monday, October 19, 2009

Mommy to Mom to... Ma... Seriously?!?!?

Okay, I know that as children get older they tend to stop calling you "Mommy" and go with the shorten and very accepted "Mom". But not Claire. No, Claire has decided to forgo all of that. She has now taken to calling me "Ma". Seriously? At first I thought it was just something funny she was trying out, but now a few weeks later, I am still "Ma". And what is she calling Brock you might ask... "Daddy" of course! Believe me when I say that there is no resentment in the fact that Brock gets to be "Daddy" while I get to be "Ma". It's just not exactly what I pictured my children calling me. It seems very old-fashioned, but I guess that could be fun too. I do like the way Claire says "Ma". It's really cute and she always has the same "Claire" look. She also says it with as much love as she did "Mom" or "Mommy" so I really have nothing to complain about. Not that I am complaining. It's just been a shock and I have not been able to find where she picked it up. Although, I am thinking it may be from the "Little House" book series that Audrey is reading. She will read to Claire a lot and I believe that the mother in the stories is called "Ma".

So until next time,
Ma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment