Ok... According to Brock, I have wanted to replace the carpet in our family room since we moved in. While that may be true, I didn't feel so strongly about it until the major coffee spill a few weeks ago. I guess you could say that was the last straw and we were now both tired of the carpet. So we made a surprisingly quick decision to replace the carpet with wood flooring. After our trip to Lowe's where we selected a beautiful "Handscraped Hickory", we got started on our weekend project. I have to say
that watching Brock carry a roll of the cut carpet out of the house was a great feeling... Even better was seeing the first pieces of wood go down. We started with the two hallways that come off of the family room. These areas proved to be the most difficult due to their size and odd shapes.
Here are some "step-by-step" photos of the transformation of one of the hallways...
Here are some "step-by-step" photos of the transformation of one of the hallways...


and the family room...


Amazingly, the floors were finished at the end of Day 2 (albeit 1:00 in the morning, but they were complete!) The room was officially ready on Day 3 with freshly painted baseboards and furniture back in its place. As an ending note, this "weekend project" involved a lot of hard manual labor and I am very thankful that I have a husband who is so talented.
Here is a shot of the finished project...
No comments:
Post a Comment