Disclaimer... Some details from my doctor's visit will be found in this post so if you don't care to read about that click away now or just skip the first section... :)
37 Weeks with a BIG belly
So I am now 37 weeks and went for a checkup yesterday with my amazing OB. I have been having a lot of inconsistent contractions the last week or so. At my 36 week checkup I had already dilated 1.5 cm and was 50% effaced, so I was anxious to know if these off and on contractions of late had actually caused any further progression. Well, they obviously had - at least a little bit. I was 2.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced yesterday and the doctor seemed a bit surprised. She upped my delivery date from the 21st to the 14th and told me to "take it easy" so that I would make it until then.
I really don't know how you "take it easy" when you have other children, ongoing construction and a 14-day to do list that now has to be crammed into 6 days, but I will prevail. I know I have to get more realistic with my to do list and not worry about the parts of the construction that won't be complete before Emma comes home, but I want it all... You know I am the "have my cake and eat it too" kind of person.. Not necessarily a terrible fault, but not the best attribute to have either.
Emma's nursery is 99% complete. It would be 100% but Pottery Barn Kids threw a huge wrench into my plans. I had ordered an adorable table lamp and shade over two months ago and the shade was on back order (of course) until March 3rd. No big deal, right? I mean my due date is toward the end of the month, so no worries... Well, that was the case until I got an e-mail update from PBK telling me that my adorable shade had been delayed again until April 4th. What?!? So as of now I have a lamp base with no shade... not very pretty... but I am going to look for a temporary replacement shade today. I say "temporary" because I still want this adorable shade from PBK (of course - the whole cake thing applies here too)... Isn't it precious?
It goes very well with the rest of Emma's decor and will perfectly complete the nursery, but not until April ,I guess. :) Anyway, I hope to get some photos of the nursery posted soon... So be on the lookout for those...
Oh... Another update is that I had to unfortunately cancel my maternity session for the 17th because, well, let's face it, I won't be pregnant anymore... But I have a good friend, Alison, that is going to take some photos of me and the belly at the beach this week. She has great talent for photography and, even though she doesn't, she really should consider doing it professionally... So I will have maternity photos to post soon and I have a newborn session scheduled for Emma when we get home from the hospital... I am really looking forward to both of those shoots...

No comments:
Post a Comment