So the belly is HUGE and I still have 11 weeks to go at this point... I'm thinking I might not make it to the end of March, but we will see... As large as the belly is, my weight gain is still hovering right around 12-13 pounds. As most people have told me, the weight is all in my belly which is a good thing. Especially since my brother and his fiance just set the date for their wedding to be August 6th - that's only five months after my due date! It's is not that I am actually in the wedding party, but one must still look good as the sister of the groom. I mean, there will be photos taken! ;) But I digress...
So at 29 weeks, I went for my regular doctor's visit and everything looked good. I passed my second glucose tolerance test (the yucky 3-hour one) and was very happy about that. At the end of the appointment my doctor said "We'll see you in 2 weeks". This caught me off guard... What? I'm not that far along yet, am I? Well, I guess I am because I am going to see the doctor on Monday for my now "Every 2 weeks" checkup (I am a bit behind in blogging because I am now 31 weeks hence why I am going to the doctor in two days)... I know this means that the remainder of my pregnancy will begin to fly by. While part of me is anxious and excited to finally hold our little bundle of joy, there is a small part of me that loves being pregnant and doesn't want to give up the special moments that I get to share with the baby - you know, the flutters and kicks that you feel all of the time and the closeness that you have because she is with you, a part of you, I'm not really sure how to describe it but I know that all of you Moms out there know what I am talking about. Maybe I am just feeling this way because I know 100% that she is the last baby that I will carry and while I am very settled with that decision, it is still just a little sad. However, I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to experience pregnancy one more time. Many of you know, Brock and I thought that our family was complete and had made plans and appointments made to have permanent measures taken. But one month before those plans were to be carried out, we were given a wonderful surprise! I believe that we were meant to have three children and that God has special plans for each of them.

Wow, time is flying! I definitely understand how you feel about having your last little one...it is sad knowing it is final but I am happy with three. I know that God knows what I need more than I do. You look great for 29 weeks, I'm glad everything is going well for you :)
ReplyDeleteYes, very special moments. I'm so happy for you! I'm thinking I also hope I get to experience it all again. God definitely knows best and has a special plan. I love to be able to see and know when He is at work. It's awesome! Good luck!
ReplyDelete