We went to the hospital on Friday for my second trimester ultrasound. The tech told us that everything looked great - the baby was just the right size for the due date and all of the parts were there and in the correct places, oh, and she also told us that more PINK was in our future! :) Baby Ballard #3 is Baby Girl #3! While most people have thought that we might be disappointed that we are having another girl, we are actually very happy. We would have been happy either way, but having another girl just goes along with what we already know what to do. Other plus is now we do not have to rename the boat! ;)
(note the name at the back)
Audrey and Claire are very happy about having a new sister. Claire wanted a sister all along and declared, "I was RIGHT!" when the tech told us it was a girl. I think 'being right' is something that means a lot to a little sister! Audrey, who really wanted a brother, was still excited about a new sister. The fact that this means that she will get her own "big girl" teen room when the baby moves into the room with Claire probably had a bit to do with that.
Okay, for those of you who are wondering, we do not have any names at this point but we are putting our thinking caps on and getting started with the process. Audrey's name was relatively easy. We knew that we wanted "Grace" as the middle name and when we found the name "Audrey" in the family tree we just knew that was the perfect combination. Claire's name didn't come quite as quickly, mainly because I put so much pressure on myself to come up with a name that was equally as perfect as Audrey's. We knew we wanted "Claire" (another name from the family tree) but we struggled with another name to go with it for quite some time. The doctor scheduled my induction for the 30th of December and that put the name selection into high gear. We found "Natalie" which means born on/near Christmas, which worked great since Claire was born on Dec. 30th. With that we had an equally perfect name for our second baby girl. So we have "Audrey Grace" and "Natalie Claire"... and now we have to come up with another girl name that is equally as perfect as those two. I have no doubt that we will, but I know that it will take some thought. :)

.jpg)
Congratulations! It's so exciting preparing for a new little arrival. I totally understand how difficult it is to come up with the perfect name for each one. I had such a hard time deciding on a boy name. I am very excited for you!
ReplyDelete