Monday, July 19, 2010

Nothing says "Summer" like a good bedhead...

While our plate has been overflowing this summer, we have still managed to take advantage of the fact that summer is a time you may sleep late.  Although my children do not fully understand this concept yet.  Their idea of sleeping late is 7:30, but that is better than their usual 6:00 rise and shine.  And on the positive side, it still gives us plenty of time to have a productive day.  In true relaxed summertime spirit, Claire was sporting the best summer bedhead one day.  It reminded me how relaxing summertime is.  It also made me make a pledge to myself to try to keep that relaxed atmosphere going after school starts back in August.  It is usually a time when we are crazy busy and our schedules get out of control.  But if we keep the right mindset, we should be able to keep that relaxed summer spirit going well into fall... just without the bedhead of course (as adorable as I think it is)!

2 comments:

  1. I am not looking forward to all that craziness of starting back to school. It is definitely going to be different for us this fall since Anna will be starting Kindergarten, and Cady will be moving to the Elementary. We are trying to enjoy our last few weeks of freedom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Julie! Audrey will be in 4th grade and Claire is starting Pre-K. I wasn't able to get Claire into the same school as Audrey, but I found a Pre-K program that we really liked and it is close driving-wise.

    ReplyDelete