Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon... Yes I am part of the frenzy!

Many of you already know the story of me and the whole Twilight saga. But for those of you who don't here it is...

In May, no, no, no... let me back it up a bit further than that... For months before May, my best friend, Jamie, was trying to get me to read Twilight (Book #1 in the saga) with her. This is something that we would do regularly - read books together and chat about them as we did it. *Side note: this is something that friends who live 1,000+ miles away from each other must do!* Anyway, she was, I don't want to use the word 'begging', but... okay, "pretty insistent" that I read the book. "You'll love it Amy", she would say. My whole drawback with the book/saga was that the main characters were teenagers AND my babysitter and all of her friends were reading the books. Let's face it, I am not a teenager anymore and reading something that is all the rage among that age group was not on my agenda. So months go by, still Jamie is "pretty insistent" that we read the book together. So in May, I give in and bought "Twilight". Just Twilight though, there would be no further reading of the saga for me! No... Well, I ordered the book from B&N because I am a "book snob" as so many near and dear to me have pointed out. I only want hardcover books and I only want the original cover - not the movie cover, which was what was in the stores. So after the week it took to get to my house through good ole UPS, I had the book in hand and Jamie and I were reading together, yet apart. :) At this point, you must realize that my state of mind about the book is not very positive. At this point, I am only reading the book for my friend. Well that all changed on page 88...

"I may not give you back though," he said with a wicked glint in his eyes.

That did it for me, I was hooked. I was hooked on Edward. Bella. Vampires. The tiny town of Forks. I knew I had to read it all. So, I went to the bookstore and bought the entire saga (hardcover of course, with the original covers). I then proceeded to read all four books (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) in eight days. Front to back, to the last letter, in 8 days. I lived and breathed Edward and Bella. Brock was traveling during my addiction (because that's what it was). He would kindly send me text messages reminding me to get my nose out of the book and feed the kids. Sweet, I know. I have to say that I did feed, bathe and care for my kids without the reminders, but the fact that he thought I needed them was quite funny. I mean, so what if they ate dinner at 4:30 and were in bed by 6:00 so Mommy could read... It was just a week and they survived! ;) LOL...

Now, with release of New Moon (Book #2) in the theaters, I am excited beyond imagination. I have successfully recruited friends and family into the addictive world of Twilight. My latest victim is my friend, Shannon. I feel like the neighborhood dealer... delivering a fix as I take the next book to her. No, I am not a drug dealer! Just a good friend with a massive amount of books to share.

So, tomorrow I am going to see "New Moon" with my wonderful husband, who has agreed - quite easily I might add - to be my plus 1...

And for those of you who want to know... Yes, I am "Team Edward" 100%!

No comments:

Post a Comment